Ribbon cuttings can be conducted for any celebration at your business, including a grand opening, expansion, new location, or significant anniversary. A group of Chamber Ambassador volunteers will come to your place of business or event and conduct a ribbon cutting with official Ambassador ribbon and novelty scissors. For a new business opening, a First Dollar of Profit plaque is presented at the ceremony as well.
Ribbon cuttings are a benefit of your Chamber membership and are provided at no additional charge.
Our Ambassador ceremonies typically last 15-30 minutes. The rest of what happens at your event is up to you! We find the most successful ribbon cuttings are incorporated into an open house, client appreciation, or other kickoff event, but each should be guided by your goals and reflective of what makes your business special and unique.
Please note any changes or cancellations need to be submitted at least 24 hours in advance. Thank you.
- Schedule your event at least two weeks in advance. Ribbon cuttings can be scheduled Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Determine who will cut the ribbon. Owners, managers or executives most frequently do the honors, but each business is different and can pick whomever they like.
- Determine who will be in the photo. Some businesses take multiple photos at the event to include staff, guests, Ambassadors, etc.
- Plan your remarks. This is usually done when everyone is gathered immediately before the ribbon cutting. This is a great time to give a short “commercial” and share what it is you do and what sets you apart, or talk about the milestone/new service/achievement you are celebrating.
- Invite everyone you know! Invite clients, prospects, friends, family, business neighbors, associates, government officials, etc.
- Food and beverage is not required, but for open house events it can make a nice touch.
Or fill out your request below
All ribbon cutting requests will be reviewed and approved by the Ambassador Chair. The Chamber will noify you once the date is confirmed.
Request Ribbon Cutting
Note: Please call the Chamber office (573-874-1132) the next business day after submission of this form to confirm receipt and to follow-up for missing information needed for the ribbon cutting. Once your request is received, you’ll receive an acknowledgment of the confirmation of the date and time of your ribbon cutting from Chamber staff in 3 to 4 business days.